Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Food: Edible Green Tea Review

Hey friends!
I have got a cool product to share with you guys today!
Its from a company call Eat Green Tea or EatGreenTea.com, they provide packets of edible green tea leaves for a very small price. You are probably going, "Silly girl! You aren't supposed to eat green tea, you are supposed to drink it!" Not with this product! This green tea is safe for eating! Pretty cool huh?

When I received my green tea, it came in small packets, the size of a tea bag. When I opened a packet I found it stuffed to the brim with little green tea leaves. (Silly me forgot to take photos, so I am going to use photos generously provided by the company.)



Lets be real, these are so pretty artsy photos, and some pretty cool leaves. Now what on earth do you do with these leaves? Well one of the suggestions given by the company was a smoothie, and with some fruits beginning to go out of season I was wiling to try it. I got together my usual smoothie ingredients such as milk, sugar, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries, and then grabbed one of my green tea packets. I combine everything including a handful of tea leaves in the blender and hit the button. I was left with a creamy purplish smoothie, ready for consumption.

The verdict on the smooth? Delicious! To be honest, I really couldn't taste the tea leaves much but maybe I just but in too few leaves. The leaves didn't really make a difference in my health, but then again I only had a limited amount so I really wasn't expecting it. I am going to keep using the leaves I was provided in different foods to see how the manner of eating them affects the taste.

All in all, I thought it was a pretty cool product. It is a product that would need to be used over a longer period of time to really see the benefits of it, but I think it would be worth it. The leaves were easy to eat, easy to cook, and I think I great investment. I would recommend trying them and testing it for yourself.

Here is what the company has to say about their product:
"Most of the powerful antioxidants found in green tea leaves are not extracted during the brewing process. When you throw away tea leaves, you are throwing away most of the nutrition. To get the full health benefits of green tea - you need to eat the whole leaf. 

When you start EATING green tea instead of simply drinking it you need to be more concerned about what is in the tea leaves. We collected samples from organic farms all over the world and had them analyzed at a lab for the presence of heavy metals. We chose the farm that had the purest tea leaves we could find anywhere. That is the product that we're proud to bring to you - EatGreenTea.

We provide a number of recipes to show you that you can mix it into or put it on top of just about anything you eat. We particularly love it in our smoothies"

So, what do you think? Is this something you would try?

If you are interested in the product, head over to EatGreenTea.com



Love you all!
XOXO
Miss Marvelous Misadventures
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment