Saturday, August 10, 2013

Book: River Magic

Hey friends! So I have got a book for you to day that is a perfect summer read. You know we only have 21 days, or 3 weeks, left in August so take advantage and do some reading!

The book I want to share with you today is a story called River Magic by J M Brown. Now it is the second book in A False Magic Book series, but I read this one without reading the first and had no problems. And you want to know whats great about this book? Its only 99 cents! But we will get to that later. For know lets talk about the story.


 The story is about two orphan girls, Aimee and Brenda, who meet in St. Louis, Missouri Territory in 1822. But thats not the coolest part. The book is written using alternate history. This means that the history they are living in is different than the history we experienced. Its kinda like a parallel universe sorta thing, not to mention it was my favorite part of the book. I had never read another book that used this technique and I thought it was ingenious! Not only does it keep the story exciting, it leaves you wondering, "What if this was what history was really like?" Here is an exerpt from the Smashwords decryption of the book that I think describes the alternate history very well.

"In this alternate history, slavery was abolished with the ratification of the U. S. Constitution in 1791. The Iroquois and Cherokee nations fought on the side of the colonies during the revolution and have retained their independence and formed an alliance with the United States against the western savages and the great powers of Europe. "

Pretty sweet huh? So enough of me ranting about the amazingness of alternate history, lets talk more about the story. Aimee and Brenda are recruited to be messengers, carrying top-secret messages for their benefactor, that sometimes cause them trouble. The girls are both very resourceful and adventures, fun characters that are easy to connect to.

When I first started reading this book, I knew it was going to be historical fiction, but I expect some fantasy too from the title, River MAGIC. But I discovered the magic of the story was the journey and the friendship of these two girls.

The only thing I wished had been in the book was more of a love story. I am a huge hopeless romantic and I just adore book relationships. 

Honestly guys, I think you would love this book. I would probably give it 4 stars, just because 5 stars are reserved for my all-time favorites like the Harry Potter Series, the Alchemist, and Roald Dahl's books. I would recommend this book for anyone preteen up. It is a young adult book but it is a read everyone can enjoy. I hope you guys decide to read it! If you would like to see for yourself, here are the links to get it:



I hope you choose to get it! I mean its only 99 cents! 
Love you all mis chicas!

XOXOX
Miss Marvelous Misadventures
Emily

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment