Wednesday, June 19, 2013

DIY: Festival Kit

Hey lovelies!
I have a good friend whose birthday is coming up Monday which I didn't realize until yesterday! Eek! I  have a reputation among my friends of making the best gifts and I definitely wanted to live up to my expectations. But what to do? Well as I was wondering around Target it dawned on me, she is going to Lollapalooza! (Lolla is a huge music festival that occurs in Chicago every summer).


Anyways, I decided to make her the ultimate Lollapalooza Survival kit! This project is super fun, super easy, and can be adapted for any festival. 

Festival Survival Kit:
This project is very much open to creativity. Pick things that are fun, funny, or you think your friend would like. I am going to format this how I made mine. most of my materials I got in the clearance or dollar section of the store. Nothing cost more than $3 and the whole thing cost me less than $20!

What You Need:
  • Fun Shirt
  • Personal Fan
  • 3-in-1 Eating Utensil
  • Small Water Gun
  • Package of Hair Ties
  • Glow Sticks
  • Poncho
  • Box to Hold everything
  • Water Bottle
  • Package of Bobby Pins
  • Package of Candy (Skittles, M&M, etc.)

Instructions:
For the Shirt:
I cut up my shirt to create bows in the back. You can leave the shirt as is, or personalize it. You can find many ideas of Pinterest. For example, this is similar to what I did: http://www.saifou.com/entry/20918.html

For the Box: 
Package everything up in the Box. How you organize it is really up to you, just make sure you have a big enough box for all your items including the shirt. Then decorate the box. You can use pencils, markers, crayons, stickers, flowers, stencils, print things out, really anything you can imagine to decorate the box. Just make sure the box is fun and goes along with the festival theme. In the box have a list of the things included and what their purposes are. You can make this fun and goofy, don't be shy.

I really hope you guys have fun with this! Here are so photos of the things I included. I haven't finished my box yet so I can't show you:


And here is a shot of the shirt:




I hope you guys enjoy! Have fun!
XO
-Miss Marvelous Misadventures
Emily

P.S. Speaking of festivals, go check out Motel's festival wear and enter "emilydolphin266" for 25% off at checkout!

No comments:

Post a Comment