Monday, June 24, 2013

Adventure: Hawks win the Cup!

THE BLACKHAWKS WON THE STANLEY CUP!!!
For those of you who don't know, the Stanley Cup is the championship in American Hockey. The Blackhawks are Chicago's hockey team. This is the second time in 4 years that they have won the cup.
The Blackhawks were playing the Boston Bruins and tonight they won against them in an amazing 18 second comeback with a final score of 3-2.

     My Mom, Dad, and I went out to dinner at a BBQ place called Piggyback, to watch the game tonight, since in the US I'm not old enough to drink so we couldn't go to a bar. We watched the first two periods there and then came home to watch the third. It was so exciting, my heart was going a million miles an hour.
     Since the teams were playing in Boston tonight, the Hawks didn't get a very big celebration with the crowd, but here in Chicago everyone is going crazy. Twitter and Facebook are filled with status, and all I can hear outside my window are fireworks. I've been following the team all season so this was an amazing night for me. I am just over the moon!


Here is a photo direct from the Blackhawks instagram showing the Captain Toews lifting the Stanley Cup

Any other readers Hawks fans? Let me know and we can celebrate together!

On an unrelated note, we got to 100 views today! Woohoo! More to celebrate! I know this seems like a small accomplishments, but it is the small things that add up. I hope you guys like what you see and continue to read, comment, and follow on bloglovin.

CONGRATS HAWKS!
X Miss Marvelous Misadventures
Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment