Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Adventure: Dance Camp

Hey friends!
Here is my first post as promised, my Adventures at Dance Camp!
So basically I went to UDA ( Universal Dance Association) Dance Camp for four days with my schools dance/pom team. There were 25 of us who went, some from JV some from Varsity (I'm on Varsity). I roomed with 3 other girls, and we shared two beds. We had to learn two routines each that were fast and difficult, and then were evaluated on those at the end. We also learned 4 other routines from guest choreographers and two "sidelines" which are short routines that would be performed at Football or Basketball games.

One special thing about this particular camp is spirit sticks. I know it is SUPER cliche! Basically each night all the teams that obeyed the rules and showed team spirit would get a spirit stick which is a plastic stick with UDA on the side. Because we got one all four nights we got to keep it and bring it home to show off! We also won the Super Spirit Stick on the 2nd night. The Super Spirit Stick is an award that the staff gives out on the first night to the team with the most spirit, then that team passes it on to another team the next night, and so on. It was a high honor to get that.

Our team was also voted by the other teams in attendance the Leadership Award, which meant a lot to us. The other teams were so kind, friendly, awesome to talk to, and fantastic dancers! It was an honor to dance with them and get to know them. I look forward to keeping in touch. I personally got a first place blue ribbon in both of my dances I was evaluated in as well as a special recognition ribbon from my coaches for being "Consistent and Incredible". Two girls on my team also qualified for All-American which is the highest award and qualifies them to perform in the London New Years Parade!

Basically it was a great, but stressful, weekend and I had a lot of fun. I'm so glad I got to go. I hope you guys enjoy the pictures.






More posts to come today so stay tuned!
X Miss Marvelous Misadventures
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment