Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Fashion: Swimsuits for 2013 (Part 1)

It's already July! Can you guys believe it? 
So I thought I would talk about swimsuits styles I have noticed this summer, which ones I like and which I don't, and how to rock whichever style you like.

The Bandeau
The Bandeau bikini is a bikini top with no straps. These have become very popular with people wanting to tan and I have seen a distinct rise in the popularity of these in the past few years. 
Pros: Cute, come in many patterns, great for tanning
Cons: Difficult to swim/do athletic activity in, need to be adjusted a lot
Opinion: I really enjoy wearing these when I am relaxing or just tanning, but if I plan on doing any activity, I am likely to skip it. The ones I like bets are the ones that come with a detachable strap so if you want to swim, you can feel secure in a strap.


The "Vintage Style" 
The vintage style bikini had surged back into popularity the last two years after being showcased by stars such as Taylor Swift. These bikinis tend to be a bit more modest with higher waisted bottoms and a more covered top.
Pro: More modest, more comfortable, fashion forward
Cons: Can be seen as strange to non-fashion people, harder to wear
Opinions: I personally love this style. I am all for the high waist line because it is an easy fix for a small muffin top (and I mean who doesn't have a little fat they would love to hide). The only thing is they can be difficult to wear. I think the most import part is getting one in a pattern that also has a vintage feel. 

Use the code "emilydolphin266" at checkout and receive 20% your purchase


The Fashion Forward One Piece
In the past, one pieces have been restricted to swimmers. But people are now realizing that one pieces, while a lot more modest than string bikinis, can be just as sexy. I have seen plenty of women embrace the sexy one pieces. Can we talk about how great curved look in these one pieces? I put one on and found curves I never knew I had, and loved it! You can go for a more feminine one such as the one pictured below, or one a bit more edgier such as slits on the sides or mesh. Its all up to you!
Pro: Comfortable, modest, makes curves look great, secret sexy feel
Cons: You might feel like your mom, harder to pull of instant sexy


This will be continued tomorrow with three more types of swimsuits: the classic triangle bikini, the sporty bikini, and the sporty one piece. Stay tuned and I want to hear your feedback! Which bathing suit type is your favorite? Leave a comment for the chance to be featured in part two of the swimsuit post.

Keep on eye out for 3 more articles to come Adventure: Exploring an old barn, Adventure: Fourth of July and Fashion: The Goods (What I got this Shopping Trip).

Love hearing from you, and Happy Fourth of July to my American readers!
Red White and Blue!
X Miss Marvelous Misadventures
Emily






No comments:

Post a Comment